Technical Support Engineer (Ellips USA)
Ellips USA is a member of the Ellips Group – an international group of companies that provide industry leading grading and sorting technology for the fresh produce market. Ellips USA is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization that is looking for individuals whose skills and contributions will help facilitate our ongoing growth.
We are searching for enthusiastic, curious, and proactive Technical Support Engineers in the Washington and central California regions. This position is the primary technical support contact for Ellips USA’s customers, prospects, and partners. You will perform troubleshooting for software and hardware issues both on-site and remotely. Technical Support Engineers will also participate in system design, project management, installation services, and other projects as required. This position will be expected to help sales efforts by providing demonstrations and answering prospective customers’ questions regarding Ellips technology. In addition, the Technical Support Engineer will help identify system enhancements that will maximize system performance and address evolving customer requirements. Our Technical Support Engineers will strive to improve our support capabilities by documenting best-practices and sharing knowledge and experience with partners and peers. Must be willing to travel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service, support & training to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Install new equipment and software.
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales Team via demonstrations, onsite visits, emails, & phone calls.
- Develop technical sales presentations and demonstrations for pre & post sales efforts.
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing product enhancements and new solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with Ellips Group staff, customers, and partners.
- Provide consistent communication to suppliers and customers regarding the progress of current projects.
- Perform simple repairs and reinstallations on computers, software, and components.
- Visit customers to adjust or make improvements to the system on site.
- Test new features and software releases.
- Handle remote support requirements from office or from home.
- Provide training to employees and customers.
- Other duties as required by Technical Support Manager.
- You will be expected to demonstrate the attitude, commitment, and passion necessary to delight our customers and grow our company.
- You will be expected to put forward the effort necessary to quickly learn about our products and technology to achieve our customer support commitments.
- Based on the critical nature of our solutions, there will be times when you are required to work and travel during off-hours (i.e., early mornings, late evenings, and weekends) with limited notice to support our customers and/or fulfil project commitments.
- With advance notification, you may be expected to travel out of state or country to support our customers or to receive training as required.
- Report directly to Technical Support Manager. Depending on the situation (i.e., project, location, job function, company growth, etc.), you may also be directed by other Ellips USA, Ellips International or Elisam personnel as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience providing technical sales support in a solution-oriented software and/or hardware environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or comparable work experience in a related technical field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including workgroup facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively listen and provide reassurance to internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to work between diverse organizations with overlapping business drivers and needs.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, schedule-driven environment.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently, problem-solve, and manage time effectively.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad (20-30% of the year).
- Willingness to work weekends or evenings as needed.
- Experience in software support is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of mounting computer systems and experience with Windows.
- TCP/IP knowledge is a plus.
- Driver’s license and valid passport.
Compensation & Benefits
- An attractive and competitive salary. (Dependent on experience.)
- Generally, working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- 18 days of paid vacation per annum, accrued monthly on a pro-rata basis (1.5 days per month).
- Increases in compensation based upon individual contributions, customer satisfaction and company performance.
- Computer and office equipment required to fulfil your responsibilities and support our customers will be provided by the company.
- A service vehicle will be provided; If for whatever reason a personal vehicle is used for business use, a mileage reimbursement of $.585 per mile will be provided.
- Company credit card for travel, fuel, and other company-related expenses. Approved company-related expenses will otherwise be reimbursed.
- Medical benefits and healthcare insurance are provided by the company (details provided separately).
- Plenty of development opportunities in a high-tech environment.
- Will work with a team of driven colleagues in a pleasant and informal working atmosphere.
Are you the Technical Support Engineer that we’re looking for?
Fill in the form below as completely as possible and we will contact you as soon as possible!