IT, Software & Digital
A day at Ellips as software engineer
Every day varied challenges in a warm environment where you really make a difference throughout the process
- If you’re looking for variety in your work and want to find solutions to complex challenges, become a Senior Software Engineer at Ellips, working on the entire process in a welcoming environment.
- You will work as a team on cutting edge and advanced technology, including deep learning solutions, that do not yet exist worldwide and yet will be immediately applied by our customers.
- Your perspective counts, whether you work here 3 months or 30 years
“What really appeals to me is the continuous innovation and new features we create for our customers. What we develop at Ellips is applied immediately and instantly improves the customer’s entire process.”
Martin | Ellips HQ | Netherlands
“It is rewarding to create solutions that have immediate global applicability. Fully working and making a difference for various customer conditions.”
Lian | Ellips HQ | Netherlands
”It is really exciting to integrate a multi-disciplinary system with multiple hardware and software elements. Constant testing and searching for the best solution for specific situations makes it challenging and fascinating.”
Levi | Ellips HQ | Netherlands
How do you make an impact as a Senior software engineer?
You will work together as a team on the world’s most advanced optical grading technology and AI software that helps fruit and vegetable growers and packers worldwide with fast and accurate grading. We are using high-tech cameras to capture each fruit or vegetable with up to 90 images. We can see tiny details that no one else can see. With light transmission technology, we can even see through the product. This enables us to assess the inside, the internal quality of the fruit. All the data is used to sort produce by colour, weight, size, shelf-life, sweetness, quality, among others.
What are you going to do?
From day one, you will be working in an open, informal and innovative environment where fresh perspectives are always welcome. You will create the user interface, communication protocols, APIs for external parties and real-time control systems. There is also a lot of communication with other teams around clients and you are involved in the entire process. Usually, you work in pairs on a project so you will always have someone to spar with. We implement changes quickly and you will see immediately what has changed at the customers side.
Work activities as a senior software engineer:
- Analysing requirements and creating alternative solutions.
- Developing new features and testing them with customers to achieve the best results together. Alignment between the software and the sorting machines is essential.
- Developing user-friendly interfaces and dashboards used by customers to monitor the quality, capacity and efficiency of their production process.
What will you learn?
At Ellips we are constantly innovating to bring the next level of grading technology to our clients. Even faster and even more accurate. We push boundaries. That means there is room for new insights and flexibility in work activities. You will work on multiple projects, in close collaboration with other teams. You will continuously develop yourself. You will be challenged and no day will be the same.
Together as a whole we have extensive knowledge of:
- IT, software and databases
- Optics: cameras, lighting and filters
- Vision algorithms: defect detection, grading software and optimisation of grading accuracy
- Mechanics, Electronics and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Fruit and vegetable produce knowledge: seasonality/varieties/shapes and sizes, etc.
Who are you?
We would like to get to know Software Engineers who, like us, appreciate openness and respecting one another. The person we are looking for is proactive, hungry for innovation, variety and challenges and strives for the best possible results. We believe that every addition to our team brings new talents and insights, and that we achieve a better result together.
What else is important?
- Completed relevant college- or university-level education;
- At least 5 years of recent experience programming in C++ and C#
- Quick to act taking the overall process into consideration;
- You prefer to work within an open-minded corporate culture and have a passion for your profession;
- Experience with WPF is a plus. However, we don’t live in a perfect world. Should you meet some of the criteria and be motivated, please apply as well.
Who are we?
Ellips is a dynamic and innovative developer of fast and accurate grading technology. We help growers and packers worldwide with the goal of finding the right destination for every piece of produce, maximizing food value and minimizing food waste. With global population growth and the impact of climate change on harvests, food supply is an important issue. Here you can make relevant contributions to the future availability of food worldwide. At Ellips you will join a warmly engaged family business where we work closely together, are accessible and respect each other’s perspective. We are growing fast and the product roadmap is full of innovative developments in the coming years. In Eindhoven you will work together with 50 colleagues on the next generation solutions that will deliver the best results worldwide.
Convinced? You’ll get…
- Excellent salary.
- Personal end-of-year bonus.
- 26 annual days off and the option of additional days off.
- A challenging position with technical depth, freedom and room for personal initiatives.
- An attractive pension scheme.
- We offer courses and certifications opportunities for our employees, for constant learning and career growth perspective.
- We offer a flexible work culture which takes your personal life into account. Within your team you coordinate your working hours with other team members and alternate between remote and on-site work.
- Development opportunities within a fast-growing technology company. A company that keeps growing year after year.
- We also enjoy fun activities with colleagues such as team-building activities and informal Friday afternoon drinks.
- And of course you get free fruit, reviewed and sorted for best quality indirectly by and ultimately for our engineers.
Interested? Apply now
Do you have any questions? We are always in the mood for a good conversation.
After receiving your application, our colleague Nina (HR Manager) will contact you as soon as possible.
What are the three quick steps?
- Introduction, and both parties share expectations and requirements about the role.
- Follow-up interview with Senior engineers where you discover all about the position and see how our teams work together.
- Assessment to sense if there is a match.
Are we both enthusiastic? Then we will make you a great offer and Nina will guide you through the on-boarding process.