Technical support engineer
Ellips is a dynamic and progressive developer of sorting software for fruit and vegetables. By working closely with suppliers of cameras, lighting and computers, we guarantee that our solutions have the best software and hardware available on the market and that the technology used is optimized for our specific requirements. In turn, our 50 employees are constantly researching and developing to ensure that our assessment technology delivers the best possible results for our customers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious and proactive support engineer who wants to work on the best fruit and vegetable sorting machines in the world.
As a Support Engineer you will perform troubleshooting for customers and dealers who use our TrueSort sorting software and hardware. This can be done remotely from our offices in Eindhoven or on site at the client. On site can be in the Netherlands as well as elsewhere in the world, mainly Europe. You’ll work closely together with software development and hardware assembly.
You work for Ellips itself as well as for our subsidiaries Elifab and Elisam both high quality machine builders (high-end in the market) of sorting machines for small fruits such as blueberries, cherries and cherry tomatoes, and for products such as apples, potatoes, onions, citrus, dates.
- Point of contact with dealers and other users of TrueSort in case of problems of a technical nature (via telephone, chat or e-mail).
- Managing and assisting staff from a dealer who are on site at the end customer.
- Maintaining contacts with the dealers or end customers about the progress of a repair, service, or commissioning.
- Carry out simple repairs and re-installations on computers, software and components sent by customers to our offices.
- Visiting customers (both in the Netherlands or elsewhere in the world) to carry out adjustments or improvements to the system on the spot.
- Testing (new) features and Software releases.
- Running remote support shifts at Ellips or from home, if needed.
- Giving training courses to employees and clients around the world.
- Help with improving the knowledge database and the CS platform.
- Advisory role towards dealers regarding spare parts and upgrades of existing systems.
- Applied Science degree.
- Good communication skills in German, English and Dutch.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Proactive and get-things-done work attitude.
- Able to work independent and according to a schedule.
- High problem-solving ability, even if you are on your own on location.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
- Willingness to work during weekends or evenings when required.
- Experience in supporting Software is an advantage.
- Experience in repairing electronic circuits is an advantage.
- Technical knowledge on mounting computer systems and experience with Windows. TCP/IP knowledge is an advantage.
- Driver’s License and valid passport.
Customer Service oriented candidates are also welcome to apply!
Type of employment: Full-time, indefinite
Are you the technical support engineer that we’re looking for?
Fill in the form below as completely as possible and we will contact you as soon as possible!